Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Nostalgia & History > Looking for CRIP info

Date: 04/03/10 15:27
Looking for CRIP info
Author: MKayo

Hey all - I am a fine art painter looking for information on the last run of the Rock Island as it pulled into Denver on March 31, 1980, the last day of operations for the RI. Specifically, I'm looking for eyewitness accounts, pics, weather reports, equipment (I heard they were U25B's). I also need to know how many locos and how they were painted. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I plan to create a large size painting form this information but I want it to be historically accurate.

If you know anything about this event, or if you know someone who has information, please contact me at this email address - peakstate@sbcglobal.net

Thank You!

Date: 04/03/10 16:55
Re: Looking for CRIP info
Author: NebraskaZephyr

Don't think the last train into Denver was on March 31, 1980.

Check this thread:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,2160346

According to this info, the final eastbound on the Colorado main was on March 27, in a snowstorm. so it stands to reason the last train into Denver had to have been before the 27th, unless that equipment was left stranded in Denver after the shutdown.

NZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds