Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Nostalgia & History > GM&O Help

Date: 06/20/11 11:33
GM&O Help
Author: bilevel400

Can anyone help me locate a photo of the GM&O "EA" 100A that came over from the B&O as their #52. It was in fact painted full GM&O before it was sent back to EMD for conversion to the E-8 Am. Any idea where I can find a pic on line? I had seen a B&W shot on the web some number of years ago under the heading "Redon Collection" and I have not been able to find it again. The Redon Collection is a treasure trove for bus fans but they claim that they have "sold" off their train collection. Any leeds would be greatly appreciated as this is for inclusion in an upcoming GM&O book that will be awesome. Thanks in advance !
"400's forever"

Date: 06/20/11 11:50
Re: GM&O Help
Author: dt5855

Try fallen flags site.I think it is www.rr-fallenflags.org.

Date: 06/21/11 03:34
Author: Q4960

Date: 06/22/11 16:46
Author: bilevel400

Oh man... I was holding my breath for a moment! Sadly this isn't an "EA" albeit Don's web site is awesome, the early boxcab #50 was just that... an un classed boxcab built in 1935. See page 66-67, and 72 in the Jerry Pinkepank "Diesel Spotters Guide" for a clearer picture of what this is about. Nope, that EA was the thing that pre-dated the E-1,2,3,etc. as seen on page 72.

Thanks for the lead, close so close !

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0255 seconds