Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Nostalgia & History > A PC Meet - Canton, Ohio

Date: 07/24/11 20:03
A PC Meet - Canton, Ohio
Author: refarkas

Sometimes a slice of history resurfaces. It's probably been forty or more years since I projected this slide, but with the help of Photoshop and Epson scanner software, here's a PC freight with a PC GP-30, a PRR Geep, and BAR 62 meeting an oncoming PC freight. Virtually everything is gone including the locomotives, PRR boxcar, most of the trackage, the buildings, etc. But here in March of 1969 on the ex-PRR mainline, the day may be grubby, but the memories this slide brings back capture a slice of history no longer visible except through the corridors of time.
Bob

Date: 07/24/11 20:44
Re: A PC Meet - Canton, Ohio
Author: rattenne

I love that PRR boxcar - really adds to the flavor. I used to have family in Canton but never went there myself. Probably would have if I'd known there was railfanning to be had ...

Date: 07/24/11 22:40
Author: IC_2024

Is this near the depot? I remember working the Broadway as the baggageman back in '88 through here.
Anyway, thanks for sharing this atmospheric shot!

Date: 07/25/11 05:04
Author: Cabin

Now that's a cool shot of history.

Thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/prr_cabin/sets
Cabin

Date: 07/25/11 05:32
Author: refarkas

I believe it was taken near the depot. If so, the depot was across the tracks to the right behind me.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds