Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Nostalgia & History > few around Speer . . .

Date: 11/13/11 19:42
few around Speer . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . I guess thirteen years qualifies as Nostalgia? Generally I count ten years or more as Nostalgia. These were taken on an hour or so visit to Speer, WY in August '98 and is where two of UP's mains west of Cheyenne comes in close proximtiy to BNSF's front range sub and UP's main to Denver diverges and crossed over the BNSF on a bridge. I am not that familiar with UP up here and this was my only visit here. A great place to visit back when variety still plied the main lines but probably fenced off, patroled and off limits these days.
top: back when the Oakways and 60M's were still regular coal train power heading south toward a power plant not too far away.
middle and bottom: both westbounds on UP east of the junction.
JB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/11 19:44 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 11/14/11 06:35
Re: few around Speer . . .
Author: SP8595

In 1998, I was just starting to make my student trips on the UP lines out of Denver. It was nice to work some actual freight trains with a variety of power once again instead of just running slow coal drags with AC's over on the Moffat Line, (still can't beat the scenery West of Denver though!). Thanks for the look back with these Nice photos and scans!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds