Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Nostalgia & History > "To Two Harbors in Style..."

Date: 07/21/12 16:53
"To Two Harbors in Style..."
Author: aussiehinz

A couple of years ago, I posted a few images of a special passenger train the North Shore Scenic Railroad operated on behalf of the Association of American Railroad Supernintendents (AARS) that was holding its June, 2010 annual meeting in Duluth MN. http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,2223132,2223139#msg-2223139 With the recent summertime flurry of private cars making the rounds on Amtrak trains throughout the country, I thought some of you might be interested in a few more photos of the little "pocket streamliner" of vintage equipment that NSSR put together for that Duluth-Two Harbors round trip, with special emphasis on the beautiful ex NP Observation Lounge #390 that was attached to the rear end.

Cheers,

aussiehinz

(All in June, 2010)

1. Northbound crossing Knife River MN

2. Northbound near Palmers MN

3. Northbound passing under Two Harbors Loop Track

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/12 16:54 by aussiehinz.

Date: 07/21/12 18:34
Re: "To Two Harbors in Style..."
Author: YG

That's a beautiful car!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 07/21/12 19:27
Author: arrow611

Love that North Coast Limited paint scheme. That was my American Flyer "dream" set when I was growing up. Alas, I never got one - but a boy can dream.

Date: 07/21/12 19:43
Author: RuleG

If the observation car was coupled to another NP car, that first photo could have been mistaken for an NP publicity shot.

Nevertheless, it's very nice.

Date: 07/21/12 21:36
Author: aussiehinz

"Love that North Coast Limited paint scheme. That was my American Flyer "dream" set when I was growing up. Alas, I never got one - but a boy can dream"

I can certainly relate to that. Growing up next to the Chesapeake & Ohio, I always coveted getting one of those blue and yellow, bell-ringing C&O Geeps American Flyer put out in the mid 50's. Like your NP set, it remained a dream, but I grew to love the standard old "C&NW" Pacific with a handful of freight cars that I did get from Santa one year.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0421 seconds