Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Nostalgia & History > Warbonnets and yesterday's imaging technology

Date: 11/06/12 18:48
Warbonnets and yesterday's imaging technology
Author: Alco251

One of my favorite places on the Santa Fe is Maine, Arizona, on the Seligman Subdivision west of Flagstaff. Here's a westbound BNSF stack train, led by Santa Fe 566, passing the classic Santa Fe signals guarding the CTC crossovers at Maine, Arizona, on a chilly March 30, 1998. We're almost two years into the BNSF merger but the images are still Santa Fe "all the way." For those keeping score, this picture was shot with a Canon EOS-1N film camera, 300mmf4L lens with 1.4x extender and Kodachrome 200 film. 1/1000@f6.7.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/12 19:39 by Alco251.

Date: 11/06/12 20:12
Re: Warbonnets and yesterday's imaging technology
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photo, Dave. With the combination of Kodachrome 200 and an extender, I would have expected this to be grain city - but the results look vey sharp and clear to me.

Alco251 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
For those
> keeping score, this picture was shot with a Canon
> EOS-1N film camera, 300mmf4L lens with 1.4x
> extender and Kodachrome 200 film. 1/1000@f6.7.

Date: 11/06/12 20:29
Author: 567Chant

Entrancing.
The small dabs of snow on the trees lend a bit of a model RR ambiance.
...Lorenzo

Date: 11/06/12 20:58
Author: DynamicBrake

PasadenaSub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I would have expected this to be grain city - but the results look very sharp and clear to me.

DITTO. The heat waves really contribute to the shot. Thanks for sharing.

Kent in Carmel Valley

Date: 11/07/12 23:49
Author: choochoocharlie

That is a really nice shot. Remember we are talking Kodachrome 200 here, not Ektachrome. Kodachrome even at the 200 speed was a fairly fine grain film compared to Ektachrome. I shot a lot of Kodachrome 64 and 200 (regular and professional types) and was very pleased with the fine grain and sharpness of both. I hated Ektachrome because it was not as sharp as Kodachrome and never cared for what to me was its slightly different color renderings.

C.C.Chas.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0565 seconds