Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Nostalgia & History > Watercolor Wednesday (barely)

Date: 11/07/12 22:30
Watercolor Wednesday (barely)
Author: railstiesballast

Oh dear, I forgot to post today until I read the mail. Well it is still Wednesday in a couple of time zones.
Truth to tell I am near the bottom of the barrel on my old watercolors and don't know how many more weeks I can do this.

This is the SP's First Crossing of the Weber River a few miles west of Ogden, Utah, from a snapshot taken in the fall of 1971.
Railroads named their bridges by the sequence of times they crossed rivers if it was more than once.
For the Weber River it was twice, here and also on a through truss closer to Ogden, that was the second crossing measured by increasing milepost distance from San Francisco.
Some rivers, like the Sacramento, are crossed many times as the tracks wind up the canyon and Caliente Creek as the line climbs Tehachapi Pass (five crossings IIRC).

Date: 11/08/12 08:54
Re: Watercolor Wednesday (barely)
Author: RGDave

That's neat work. Thanks for sharing!

Date: 11/08/12 19:06
Re: Watercolor Wednesday (barely)
Author: ButteStBrakeman

railstiesballast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Truth to tell I am near the bottom of the barrel
> on my old watercolors and don't know how many more
> weeks I can do this.
>

Well since you are now retired I guess you could sit down, take a break, and paint some more, Mike.

V

SLOCONDR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds