Home Open Account Help 152 users online

Nostalgia & History > Tooele Valley's Sheffield Motorcar 1

Date: 11/08/12 12:48
Tooele Valley's Sheffield Motorcar 1
Author: MrOGDEN

Group,
I was volunteering last Saturday at Tooele's Railroad and mining museum and a gentleman came up and asked me about Tooele Valley's first caboose, since 1985 I always thought thought that this was a caboose rebuilt from retired coaches, wrong. It was built new for the Tooele Valley in 1910 by the Sheffield Motorcar Co. of Three Rivers Michigan. I assume that it was used to haul passengers from TVs Broadway station down through Tooele's Vine street to the Los Angeles & Salt Lake (now UP) at Warner. TV used coaches for the transport of workers from Broadway Street station to the smelter at International.
Over time they removed the cowcatchers and added couplers to use on other trains then in its final years it was converted to a flat car and finally scrapped in the late twenties. If anyone can "see" the colors this may have been painted I would surely appreciate it.

MrOGDEN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/12 12:51 by MrOGDEN.

Date: 11/08/12 17:42
Re: Tooele Valley's Sheffield Motorcar 1
Author: DNRY122

Looks almost like an Edison-Beach battery-powered car. According to "The Short Line Doodlebug" the body was built by Brill, which may account for its streetcar-like appearance.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0555 seconds