Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Nostalgia & History > few GWWR . . .

Date: 11/08/12 21:45
few GWWR . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . a few shots of the Gateway Western Railway;
top: on Santa Fe's dime while taking a week of classes in Kansas City to become a "certified engineer instructor" (wow, got a patch for it) I headed downtown and shot this set of power working on the west end of the old GM&O yard in the "bottoms" in Jan '94.
middle: in September '95 made a trip back to Missouri to spend a few days on the Santa Fe as well as a couple of days chasing GWWR trains on the old GM&O between Kansas City and Roodhouse, IL. On day one westbound E St Louis to Kansas City train SLKC was passing through Corder, MO and (bottom) the next day the same train symbol was passing through Slater, MO *corrected*.
JB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/12 12:15 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 11/08/12 23:00
Re: few GWWR . . .
Author: zephyrus

Cool stuff!

The engine leading in that first shot was built as Western Pacific 3538! She still runs today and on the UP no less, having been rebuilt for the Cotton Belt as a GP40M-2. She is now UP 1497.

Z

Date: 11/09/12 06:40
Author: SP8595

Awesome stuff JB! I missed out on that railroad, cool to see action shots of it. I bet that GP38-2 pounding away in pic. #2 sure sounded Great:}

Date: 11/09/12 15:22
Author: aussiehinz

Great pix! Difficult to come by photos of GWWR with multiple, matched head ends in nice light. Enjoyed 'em!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds