Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP 3715 and an evening shot in SB

Date: 11/10/12 00:01
SP 3715 and an evening shot in SB
Author: choochoocharlie

More SP Santa Barbara shots from my last SPH&TS convention program. The first two shots are of SP low hood GP9 #3715 on the West Peddler on the switch lead/scale track. This is just East of Santa Barbara Street. I had written on the slides that the crew went to "beans" while they waited for the Eastbound Amtrak Coast Starlight on July 7th, 1973. The Ellwood local is going by in the first shot. The third shot is taken from TV Hill looking East as a Westbound goes thru Santa Barbara in the evening. Highway 101 just to the left of the tracks. There used to be 4 traffic lights on 101 going thru SB at Chapala, State, Anacapa and Santa Barbara Streets. In the 1980s they were removed and 101 was realigned a little bit with underpasses for at least two, maybe three of those streets.

C.C.Chas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/12 00:04 by choochoocharlie.

Date: 11/10/12 00:38
Re: SP 3715 and an evening shot in SB
Author: Notch16

That's a nice face...

~ BZ

Date: 11/10/12 18:06
Re: SP 3715 and an evening shot in SB
Author: spnudge

I looked back and I deadheaded to Oxnard on the 9th to work the Gaviota switcher. It was the Coast first time in engine service mileage run off. I worked the 9th and 10th, 12:55 PM on duty, both days with the 2639. Dan Nagle was my conductor. I got one hour switching Santa Barbara and 2:15 Terminal switching at Oxnard. Had to go up the branch on the 9th to get some tank cars at Nitroshell.

Tony Emanuel bumped me off the job on the 11th. He was killed later by those tank cars the kids let go up on the branch.

Nudge

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds