Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Nostalgia & History > Centuries at Abrams

Date: 11/11/12 11:24
Centuries at Abrams
Author: RDG630

My favorite haunt on the Reading was nearby Abrams Yard located on the main line just west of Bridgeprt, Pa. Here are three photos of Alco Century Series locomotives at Abrams - the good old days for sure.

Date: 11/11/12 11:27
Re: Centuries at Abrams
Author: RDG630

The Plymouth Buck running long end forward

Date: 11/11/12 12:45
Author: JJSmith

A very nice set of photos indeed!

Date: 11/11/12 15:24
Author: ns2557

Oh how I miss the RDG ALCO's. Got to see quite a few of them at Rutherford over the years before Conrail. Some of my first shots of Locomotives were at R'frd on the RDG and these were abundant then. Thanks for sharing. Ben

Date: 11/11/12 17:57
Author: Rathole

Nice shots! Thanks for sharing with us. I never got to see the Reading - was too busy going west to the DRGW. Well I guess you can't get 'em all!

Date: 11/11/12 18:18
Author: MW4man

Great shots. Growing up on the Reading I have a soft spot for any pictures of that railroad. The 5200's were my favorite Reading Engines. Modern Century bodies on old style RS-3 trucks. Just a classic look. For all of the pictures of these engines I have seen I have never seen one of 5205, nor do I remember ever seeing it running. Was it the hanger queen of the fleet?

Date: 11/11/12 20:54
Author: AlcoRSD15

Great stuff. I always enjoy your photos. Thanks.
-- Eric Blasko

Date: 11/12/12 18:12
Author: King_Coal

What a great place to watch trains. Thanks for posting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds