Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Nostalgia & History > Old Fullerton...it HAS changed

Date: 12/09/12 08:40
Old Fullerton...it HAS changed
Author: lamta_jay

I see all the posts of Fullerton today and remembered the few visits I have made there. The last visit was in 1982.

I always visited the SP Anaheim yard facility when I went to Knott's or Disneyland but Fullerton was not on my radar very often. I do wish I had paid more attention to the UP Anaheim Branch through this area.....too late now !!!!!

First is a Santa Fe CF7 # 2509 is ready for local work....when there was industry to switch in February of 1975. I did not mind the CF7's before they changed the cabs to the ugly square bob design, really ugly !!!
Second from March of 1979 of a Eastbound freight actually getting ready to pick up a cut of cars on the south siding. SD45 # 5579
And third a Westbound freight with SD45 5599 passing the depot also in March of 1979.

Thanks for the look

Jay

Date: 12/09/12 08:50
Re: Old Fullerton...it HAS changed
Author: lamta_jay

I found these shots after posting the first 3

Fourth shot is the LAST picture I ever took in Fullerton in December of 1982. The CF7's had given way to the GP7/9 rebuilds

Fifth shot is by far my favorite picture probably due to the fact the power was E units on the San Diegan, this is NOT a Surfliner. December of 1975

And finally Amtrak and the F40's and Amcans....I guess they work...and still do today sometimes. April of 1979

Again, thanks for looking

Jay

Date: 12/09/12 11:14
Author: ButteStBrakeman

GREAT shots, Jay!!!

V

SLOCONDR

Date: 12/09/12 11:18
Author: WrongWayMurphy

From someone who has only seen Fullerton in the last 10 years, those photos are great to view.

Thanks for sharing them.

Date: 12/09/12 14:05
Author: RD10747

Fullerton HAS changed...At age 19, I bid on and was assigned as General Clerk..1 to 9pm...Summer of 1948...1959 to 1967, also was
assigned Industry Clerk...Ticket Clerk and top bid job...Head Clerk-Cashier. These jobs entailed yard checking, handling mail-express
and baggage..plus the duties of the job title.

In 1959, was promoted to an exempt supvisorial position at another
station...

Bob Drenk

Date: 12/09/12 15:46
Author: 90mac

I like OLD Fullerton and OLD CF-7's.
Thanks.
90mac

Date: 12/09/12 17:11
Author: MyfordBrowning

The Santa Fe gave the few carloads of perishables shipped by rail out of Orange County at this late date first class service by having an eastbound pig train made a pickup at Fullerton, as shown in the second photo.

Cliff

Date: 12/09/12 20:27
Author: Costanza

Looks like the Fullerton foamer crowd was there back in those day also.... ;)

Date: 12/10/12 09:09
Author: colehour

Had the former UP depot been moved at that time? (Now the Old Spaghetti Factory)

Date: 12/10/12 19:34
Author: SteveD

Let's see whatcha got of the S.P. Anaheim yard mentioned?

Steve Donaldson
Pacific Grove, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0539 seconds