Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Nostalgia & History > Seeking photos of Western Pacific 106 / Chas. O. Sweetw

Date: 12/16/12 23:43
Seeking photos of Western Pacific 106 / Chas. O. Sweetw
Author: zephyrus

Last year, the Feather River Rail Society acquired ownership of Western Pacific Pullman business car 106, also known as the "Charles O. Sweetwood". This car was built in 1917 and was used as a blood donor car by the Red Cross during the Korean War.

As part of the research leading toward an operational restoration, I am seeking photos of the car in service and any information on the car.

It was used by the Western Pacific from 1942 until about the very early 1960s. It was the Eastern Division Superintendent's car from 1942 until about 1950, the used in blood service in the early 1950s during the war. Its last major use was providing sleeping quarters on the WP car ferry "Las PLumas" in 1957 when the new boat made its trip from its buildings in Portland to the San Francisco Bay.

I am looking for photos and information of the car in any WP service, not just the Korean War blood years. If anyone has anything that might be of interest, please contact me via Private Message.

Thank you.

Eugene Vicknair
Director - FRRS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0237 seconds