Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Nostalgia & History > San Bernardino and the Redlands loop Help!

Date: 03/10/14 18:49
San Bernardino and the Redlands loop Help!
Author: bilevel400

Greetings!
I am looking for some help in the way back department, this time it is regarding three streamlined passenger cars that were on a disconnected siding at Palm Avenue, in Highland, Ca. This was off the line known as the "Redlands Loop", around the San Bernardino area. The three were part of a shopping center (?) named "Highland Station". Two of the three were "slab siders" and painted in a dark Pullman Green color scheme, and the third was a (P-S) fluted Stainless Steel car with a matching green window band. Can any list members give me specifics as to this outfit, the cars use, the car numbers, and the final dispositions ? The building they were alongside appeared to be a former warehouse, and I have been told has become a church today. Thanks for the look back, as well as the update to what cars and where they went.
400Phil

Date: 03/10/14 22:13
Re: San Bernardino and the Redlands loop Help!
Author: RailRat

Perhaps the people that run or are on hand at the San Bernardino Rail museum (Depot) could help you. I stopped by there last year,on a Friday,just B-4 SBRR Days,and was Amazed at all the stuff and photos they have there!,one of them knew a lot about the Redlands "Ballon" Track History I was curious about,don't recall his name,but he was a younger guy,with black hair,and seemed to know quite a lot!

Date: 03/11/14 09:05
Author: africansteam

Would these be them?

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,3344122,3344552#msg-3344552

Be sure scroll down to mundos's post of 3-6-14.

Cheers,
Jack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/14 09:35 by africansteam.

Date: 03/11/14 10:30
Author: bilevel400

I found this image on a site that discussed the Redlands Loop, these cars were not the same cars mentioned as the UPRR 500 series Semi heavy weight cars, nor the SP Obs cars, they appear to be a couple former BN / GN or NP style cars, with possibly a former Amtrak / SCL / ACL (?) fluted coach. These are the cars I am hoping to verify the identity of. The cars that went over to the McDonalds in San Bernardino were not these, as those cars were a former Amtrak UPRR style coach that was actually ex PC, an ex ATSF fluted P-S coach, and a couple ex-BN Hwt. Commuter Service Power cars. There certainly were a good number of cars that were being sent out into the wild during this time frame, this image claims to be from 1984, and there were a number of restaurant and hotels, as well as shopping establishments that were acquiring former Amtrak cars during this time frame as well. The cars that went to the "Carneys" Burger restaurants are another great example of research studies for passenger car fans such as myself. thanks again in advance for any help that can be provided.
400phil

Date: 11/21/19 04:25
Author: Korigaoka1811

Here they are in 1981/82 --  I'm not sure the year, I'm afraid.

1 --  6801 a former GN coach rebuilt from an observation car.
2 --  7??? a coach from the Richmond Fredericksburg and Potomac
3 --  7252 an ex- New Haven coach that I think had been rebuilt from a parlor car.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds