Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Nostalgia & History > MoPac Monday

Date: 04/21/14 06:23
MoPac Monday
Author: twjurgens

The first shot in this post was taken August, 1983 in the Lincoln, NE Missouri Pacific yard. 2165 & 2062 are awaiting the call to return to Union with a UP caboose.

The next two shots are in the Lincoln UP yard. In the first view, MP 2046 and UP 829 are making up a local. The next view shows 4626 & 2117 at rest by the UP depot. Looks like they had cabooses for two locals that day.

Date: 04/21/14 06:24
Re: MoPac Monday
Author: twjurgens

The final view is MP caboose 13586 in the UP yard. BN tracks are in the background. The smokestack is a survivor from the CB&Q days.

Date: 04/21/14 07:29
Author: binder001

Very nice Tom, thanks for sharing. Photo #3 - no more MoPac B-boats, the Lincoln depot has been erased, the tracks there are gone and the few cabooses left are "shoving platforms". In photo #4, that old CB&Q smokestack is right inside where the new arena is now.

Date: 04/21/14 14:39
Author: Red

binder001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice Tom, thanks for sharing. Photo #3 - no
> more MoPac B-boats, the Lincoln depot has been
> erased, the tracks there are gone and the few
> cabooses left are "shoving platforms". In photo
> #4, that old CB&Q smokestack is right inside where
> the new arena is now.

And CERTAINLY no more UP GP30s!!! Yes, very NICE!!!

I remember an old MP RFE who said: "Get used to the GEs...it's true...they are NOT GP38-2s." And indeed they weren't...LOL. But recall the days when the MP GP38-2s were used both at the samt time as switch/local power and as mainline road power on the MP Lines??? Either in solid sets with 4 units as an 8000 HP road unit set, or intermixed with brand new GP50s, SD40-2s, old GP18s, or brand new (then) B30-7As or slightly older B23-7s? I mean, the GP38-2 was the most VERSTATILE EMD Product ever built, I daresay!!! And still in use in FORCE on the UPRR. Nice shots!!!

Date: 04/21/14 19:28
Author: SP8595

Always liked those MOP "Baby Boats"! Thanks for posting more MoPac memories.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0495 seconds