Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Nostalgia & History > Minnesota Mining Monday

Date: 04/21/14 12:45
Minnesota Mining Monday
Author: Splitrock323

Here we have some more of the brown dirt from northern Minnesota being hauled away to the smelters in the east in the 1980's.
1. Erie Mining F9's make the haul to taconite harbor. They are crossing the Reserve Mining mainline at this location. (i.e.Middle of nowhere)
2. Reserve Mining big EMDs under a Kodachrome sky.
3. DMIR making the trek down Thompson Hill to the docks. Soon brake shoe smoke will envelope the rear portion of the train.

Thomas G.

Date: 04/21/14 14:32
Re: Minnesota Mining Monday
Author: iaisfan

I love pic #2 Thomas. Always fun seeing the Reserve Mining SD38-2s. RM 1238 later became LLPX 2802, was leased by the IAIS, and is now IAIS 150, http://www.iaisrailfans.org/info/IAIS150 . I modeled it as it appeared on the IAIS in 2005, with pics at http://www.iaisrailfans.org/gallery/LLPX-2802-SD38-2 .

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 04/22/14 01:12
Author: Splitrock323

Joe, I have followed that build. Great looking model.

Let me know when you want to sell it and I can paint t back into Brown and White for my road. ;-)

Thomas G.

Date: 04/22/14 04:32
Author: alco636

Nice photos, thanks for sharing. #3 is backwards btw.

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 04/22/14 04:55
Author: iaisfan

Thanks Thomas!

> Let me know when you want to sell it and I can paint t back into Brown and White for my road.
> ;-)

He he he...you never know! I HAVE been giving some thought to backdating to RI days... :-)

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 04/22/14 08:33
Author: davebb71

i thought the same thing, when did going to duluth docks hang a right coming down from proctor?? dave, out.

Date: 04/22/14 18:13
Author: SD45X

Reserves switcher too?

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds