Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Nostalgia & History > 37 years ago today, but what happened?

Date: 04/22/14 14:58
37 years ago today, but what happened?
Author: valmont

I have the date (April 22, 1977) and the location (C&S MP9 W. 88th Ave. Denver area) but have no idea where I got the slide, or who the photographer was, and even if this was a train accident. The train is stopped but there are 2 cars pretty mangled, and maybe some fresh oil on the asphalt by the track, and maybe tire mark too. Perhaps the sliver one was hit by the train and spun around into the yellow one?

Date: 04/22/14 16:02
Re: 37 years ago today, but what happened?
Author: tomstp

I know who took it. You can see his shadow. Yeah, that's the guy.

Date: 04/22/14 16:23
Author: valmont

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know who took it. You can see his shadow.
> Yeah, that's the guy.

ahh, Lamont Cranston

Date: 04/22/14 17:16
Author: HB90MACH

Maybe the news papers of the area might have it. Looks bad enough to make the paper

Date: 04/22/14 17:32
Author: hogantunnel

Interesting photo and would love to see an analysis by a traffic investigator. Curious lack of debris on pavement and yellow car is turned 90 degrees.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/22/14 21:31
Author: rrman6

I see Coor's down the road! Maybe both the train and these drivers stopped for a "cool one".

Date: 04/23/14 06:53
Author: tacobell

Based on the shadow, Darth Vader took the pic!

Date: 05/11/14 10:32
Author: RRMike

Aah, the good old days when 88th was still a two lane road, before the Westminster Mall. By looking at the silver cars hood, it got hit by the train and spun around and clipped in the back, or clipped the pinto wagon behind it with it's left rear. Remember the Semper siding was still here at the time I think.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds