Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Nostalgia & History > My "Image Backgrounds"... a compilation

Date: 04/22/14 16:10
My "Image Backgrounds"... a compilation
Author: ATSF100WEST

I've had a few requests to do this before, and procrastination is my modus operandi. So, today I figured out a way to do this without a lot of grief.

The finish size of each is 900 x 660 ppi. The image is finished to a given set of dimensions, and dragged as a "layer" onto the "image background", then "flattened". Then I slap a caption on it in an appropriate font, and save a copy as a ".jpeg" file.

Most of them are simple to do; the curves get trickier, fonts are not a problem, heralds/logos can be - have had to make a few from scratch - like the Santa Fe "Cigar Band". A lot of the time, I will add the complete wording, so that letter spacing is where I want it. Side views may or may not have an "opposing direction".

FYI, all of this has been done in Photoshop 7.0.

The sixteen I have presented here are just a random sampling - I create new ones as I need them. I have a Nickel Plate Road "hood unit side" in queue.

I have included one of them with an image so you get to see what the finished product looks like. The background was the "Yellowbonnet Left Side".

A hearty "Thank You" to those of you who have expressed your interest and offered compliments over these past few years.

Bob

ATSF100WEST......Out

Date: 04/22/14 16:57
Re: My "Image Backgrounds"... a compilation
Author: nycman

Thanks for that, Bob. I have always admired the "framework" around your fine photos.

Date: 04/22/14 17:22
Author: mp51w

That's RR graphics blast!

Date: 04/22/14 20:05
Author: DynamicBrake

That YOUR personal trademark Bob, there's a lot to be said for that. Thanks for sharing your fine work.

Kent in Carmel Valley

Date: 04/22/14 21:00
Author: SCKP187

Your borders have always been a thing to admire Bob, you left out one of the more simpler, but most impressive and memorable one---the SantaFe MofW. Thanks for the review.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/23/14 07:02
Author: Cajon92

I love your backgrounds, Bob. Perfect way to complement your great photographs. Great shot of the Santa Fe 7200 as well.

Thanks for sharing,
~Ryan

Date: 04/23/14 08:40
Author: santafe199

ATSF100WEST Wrote:
> ...procrastination is my modus operandi...

Confusing say: "Why do today, what can done tomorrow?"

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds