Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Nostalgia & History > Explanation of Toto & the "WAG" initials

Date: 04/23/14 11:06
Explanation of Toto & the "WAG" initials
Author: santafe199

The Toto Tuesday & WAG Wednesday series' got started simultaneously and have been running in weekly installments since April of 2011. For you newer TO members & those who are just plain uninitiated: Toto, with an obvious nod to Dorothy's little 4-legged playmate, is for anyone who has photography from the Land of OZ (Kansas) to post. Submitting text with the photography is heartily encouraged, but certainly not demanded. The WAG series is solely for posting weekly threads of images & text from the William Arthur Gibson collection. The Kansas Gibsons were a father-son team with an astounding collection of RR photography, the earliest of which dates back into the 1920's. So the initials W.A.G. standing for both father & son are differentiated by SR-Bill, who passed away in March of 1983 & JR-Art who is retired & living in Topeka, KS and is just as ornery as ever. In scanning the Gibson collection I have undertaken a mighty 'labour of love'. And it is a deep honor!

I attended my first "Team Gibson" slide show, probably in 1978. These slide shows were usually for the regular monthly meetings of the Topeka or Wichita chapters of the NRHS and these legendary shows never failed to blow me right out of my chair! When you open any given WAG Wednesday you will looking at some of the slides & images we young Kansas Gangsters from the 70's & 80's used to drool over...

Lance

Date: 04/23/14 11:31
Re: Explanation of Toto & the "WAG" initials
Author: myjbh1989

Thank you for the explanation. Now it makes sense.

John

Date: 04/23/14 12:02

myjbh1989 Wrote:
> Thank you for........

You're very welcome! I usually post this explanation around the 1st of every year to update new TO members, but it sorta slipped by my attention this year...

Lance

Date: 04/23/14 12:34
Author: icancmp193

And here I thought WAG was "SWAG" with the "S" omitted!

Tom Y

Date: 04/23/14 12:58
Author: aussiehinz

And silly me... forever wailing for that elusive Wellsville, Addison & Galeton photo to be posted! :)

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/23/14 13:05

aussiehinz Wrote:
> ... forever wailing for that elusive Wellsville, Addison & Galeton photo to be posted!

Not so silly! It WAS posted. Check out image #5:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,2743848,2743848#msg-2743848>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/14 13:06 by santafe199.

Date: 04/23/14 16:32
Author: PCCRNSEngr

I also expect to see Wellsville Addison & Galeton. Will have to get a slide scanner to put some of those ex-SP F units on line. Really missing following that line.

Date: 04/23/14 20:03
Author: wag216

WAG Sr and WAG Jr spent some time on the L&NW, summer of 1975 ( I think). A good time was had my all! wag216

Date: 04/23/14 20:29
Author: RuleG

PCCRNSEngr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also expect to see Wellsville Addison & Galeton.
> Will have to get a slide scanner to put some of
> those ex-SP F units on line. Really missing
> following that line.

I initially thought WAG was Wellsville, Addison & Galeton. When I discovered it was not, I thought it was "Wild A$$ Guess."

Date: 04/23/14 23:04
Author: Xtra276West

aussiehinz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And silly me... forever wailing for that elusive
> Wellsville, Addison & Galeton photo to be posted!
> :)

Yeah.....that "WAG"-tag had been messin' me up, too. ;-)

Lance, just keep-'em-comin', bub! (And Thank You for doing so!)

Pat from Littleton, CO.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds