Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP Tank Train unloading destination

Date: 07/29/14 09:59
SP Tank Train unloading destination
Author: rwtempe

I'm looking for the exact location of the facility where the tank train was unloaded. I understand it was RR east of Dolores, but can't seem to find the 'right' location on Google Maps. Can anyone help? I'm planning to incorporate in my new layout and would like to get a visual understanding of the track arrangement.

Thanks in advance,

Rick Watson
Tempe, AZ

Date: 07/29/14 10:35
Re: SP Tank Train unloading destination
Author: bradleymckay

rwtempe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm looking for the exact location of the facility
> where the tank train was unloaded. I understand it
> was RR east of Dolores, but can't seem to find the
> 'right' location on Google Maps. Can anyone help?
> I'm planning to incorporate in my new layout and
> would like to get a visual understanding of the
> track arrangement.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rick Watson
> Tempe, AZ

South, not east, on the west side of the tracks. It's adjacent to the ICTF support yard, near E. Sepulveda Blvd. It's the old Shell Oil terminal, now leased (owned?) by Valero. The Coast oil cans unload there now.

Allen

Date: 07/29/14 10:35
Author: rwtempe

Apparently, I've now answered my own question. In checking my 1985 SPINS, its in Zone 77, Part 1 and clearly marked. For those interested, the info from Google Maps:24145-24999 Alameda St, Carson, CA 90745 coordinates: 33.802180, -118.238319. It's on the left side of the tracks and slightly north than the coordinates. The tracks that curve west and parallel Sepulveda are the tail of the tracks.

Rick

Date: 07/29/14 14:51
Author: SP8404

Bing Maps "bird's eye" view shows a Tank Train being unloaded on those three tracks.

Bill

Date: 07/29/14 17:38
Author: Espee1212

They are unloaded at the P66 facility for ExxonMobil. The oil is from Aera Energy (an XOM/RDS Joint venture)@ San Ardo

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0473 seconds