Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Nostalgia & History > Three Substancial Oregon Electric Depots

Date: 08/29/14 11:11
Three Substancial Oregon Electric Depots
Author: MartyBernard

Albany, Harrisburg, and Eugene, OR. Harrisburg is between Albany and Eugene. The Oregon Electric Railway interurban ran down the Willamette River Valley from Portland to Eugene. The Eugene depot is now the Oregon Electric Station restaurant and the Albany depot is now a pizza parlor. The railroad is still in good shape and operated by the Portland and Western with daily freights.

These photos and captions are from the Oregon Historical Society's Photograph Collection.

1. THE OREGON ELECTRIC RAILWAY DEPOT IN ALBANY, OREGON [Graphic].
Author: Crawford, James G., b. 1850, photographer.
Call Number: 018566
Database: OCLC-MARC Bibliographic (OCLC)

2. OREGON ELECTRIC TRAIN STOPPED AT THE HARRISBURG DEPOT[Graphic].
Call Number: 018978

3. OREGON ELECTRIC RAILWAY STATION IN EUGENE WITH ELECTRIC ENGINE OUT FRONT [Graphic], circa 1921.
Call Number: 005568

Enjoy,
Marty Bernard

Date: 08/29/14 11:14
Re: Three Substancial Oregon Electric Depots
Author: wp1801

A few days ago my son and I had a good dinner in the restaurant that now occupies the former Eugene Oregon Electric depot.

Date: 08/30/14 07:10
Author: mopac1978

The OE depot in Junction City also houses a restaurant.

Where in Harrisburg was the dept located?

Date: 08/30/14 13:00
Author: Chooch

What a surprise the second photo is. I lived in the Harrisburg, PA area for 40 years and never knew there was a sister city in Oregon. Just goes to show you that even at age 81, I can still learn new things. Thanks for the pictures.

Jim
Hatboro, PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds