Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Nostalgia & History > Lehigh Valley Railroad

Date: 08/30/14 05:11
Lehigh Valley Railroad
Author: flynn

I found a terrific picture on the website,

http://www.lvrr.com/employee-pictures-2/?nggpage=2

Picture 1, “Charles J. Coyle, Jr. This picture was taken at the Coxton Yards, Pittston, Pa. 2/14/30. My father Charles J Coyle, Jr., 1904-1979, worked there as a machinist helper and boilermaker until 1949. My paternal greatgrandfather Hugh Boyle, also worked for the Lehigh Valley as a foreman at Penn Haven, Pa. I also know two of his sons , William Boyle and Frank Boyle worked as dispatchers in Wilkes-Barre. My father is seated at the very front top of the engine above the #5. Submitted by: Kathy Graci.”

Date: 08/30/14 05:14
Re: Lehigh Valley Railroad

Zoomit is no longer operational,

http://zoom.it

so I tried to enlarge the picture by cropping it and dividing it in half.

Picture 2, right half of picture 1.

Date: 08/30/14 05:16

Picture 3, left half of picture 1.

Date: 08/30/14 05:24

Picture 4, left half of picture 1 enlarged 200% x 200% with Paint.

Date: 08/30/14 16:26
Author: lwilton

Flynn, if you happen to have Google Chrome, you can expand the image shown by up to 5x by holding down the control key and spinning the mouse wheel. Alternately you can click on the 3 horizontal red bars in the upper right of the window and get a menu that includes Zoom. (This is assuming you are running Windows.)

I have to admit that the Google Zoom does a remarkably good job of zooming without objectionable pixelization. Perhaps it uses the same technology as the Zoomit site did.

Date: 08/30/14 20:09

Thanks lwilton for telling me about Google Chrome. I have lots to learn. This picture is an early attempt. I enlarged the picture by 500% and then cropped the picture with Microsoft Picture Manager.

Date: 08/30/14 20:28

Another attempt

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0607 seconds