Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Nostalgia & History > Warren PA old PRR station and Allegheny River bridge

Date: 08/31/14 12:46
Warren PA old PRR station and Allegheny River bridge
Author: airman1

The view is railroad WB on the old Philadelphia and Erie Branch of the PRR. The bridge that's shown in the foreground crosses the Allegheny River on Warren's west end.

Date: 08/31/14 15:26
Re: Warren PA old PRR station and Allegheny River bridg
Author: beertrain

Neat shot.

Date: 08/31/14 16:58
Author: up833

When was the photo taken? Anything left?
Nice show through the bridge.
Roger Beckett

Date: 08/31/14 18:32
Author: airman1

I'm "guesstimating" that the station was torn down in the early to mid 1990's. The bridge is still there, of course. As you probably know, this is now part of the Genesee and Wyoming operation....used to be, I believe, the Allegheny and Eastern and now known as the Buffalo & Pittsburgh.

United Refining continues to be a substantial customer on this line shipping gasoline, fuel oil/diesel, and propane. United used to ship asphalt to GAF in Erie, but that plant has closed. It's entirely possible that URCO has picked up new customers for asphalt...I don't know.

Some of you may be wondering about tank car crude oil shipments to United. I don't think that's happening. United has a pipeline connection that enables Canadian (Alberta) crude to be pumped into the plant.

Steve West
Fort Wayne, IN

Date: 09/01/14 07:51
Author: aehouse

I photographed the Warren station in 1966, but had no idea it lasted as long as it did. Thanks for the photo.

Art House
Gettysburg, Pa.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds