Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Nostalgia & History > Early CR action, but not CR

Date: 08/31/14 15:58
Early CR action, but not CR
Author: ns2557

Back in 1979, March to be exact, I was free to do what I wanted at the young age of 19. Cr had just started a few years before and one of the Benefits of this merger, was the D&H gaining access to a few CR Points in the East. One of which involved some trains coming down the CR Buffalo Line out of Sunbury Pa at Kase Twr. In what was one of the only times I can recall it happening, the D&H sent a SB RW6 to Enola and points south with a rather unusual power set. Here is the train, passing under the Iron Bridge at the west end of Enola with ex LV GP38- 7324 leading D&H RW&B RS3U 506 and D&H RS3u 501. It was one of the few times I recall seeing the RS3u's on this train. Power was usually the ex RDG GP39-2's or the new at the time D&H Proper GP39-2's in the 7600 series. The train would also have at times a few other types of power as I have shots that include U23B's and RS11/36's. But this was a good one to catch on a rather overcast day in the greater Hbg area. Thanks for looking. Ben

Date: 08/31/14 18:56
Re: Early CR action, but not CR
Author: SP8595

Nice catch!

Date: 09/04/14 19:54
Re: Early CR action, but not CR
Author: Gonut1

Ben, Funny how the location was instantly recognizable. i only spent a few hours there one day nearly 20 years ago now.
Go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds