Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Nostalgia & History > Before it Went Green (SLSF in Oklahoma)

Date: 09/01/14 18:21
Before it Went Green (SLSF in Oklahoma)
Author: BNSF-6432

Here's a little Cherokee Sub action from Frisco days. By the time I was born it was all BNSF (kind of) so once again its nice to look back on some of the stuff my father gladly captured in the area that is hasn't changed much. Most taken around Claremore, OK on the Frisco between Tulsa and Springfield.

1) An eastbound freight led by SD45 912 with the emblem attached to the nose is east of Claremore and approaching the east end of Degroat siding

2) A local comes east from Tulsa and into Claremore with 4 GPs and a caboose

3) Another SD45 takes the lead of a westbound auto train somewhere along route 66 ((not sure of the exact location)

3 more...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/14 18:29 by BNSF-6432.

Date: 09/01/14 18:28
Re: Before it Went Green
Author: BNSF-6432

4) Westbound piggybacks pound across the Missouri Pacific in Claremore with a UP unit fourth out

5) Not 100% sure on this one but looks like a westbound freight going through the west side of Claremore along route 66

6) Eastbound freight charges across the Verdigris river bridge between Catoosa and Verdigris

Don't have any dates as these were already scanned and put on a disc so the notes don't match up

BNSF-6432
PQM

Date: 09/01/14 18:44
Re: Before it Went Green
Author: shay2977

great pics I think the last pic is west bound

Date: 09/01/14 18:57
Re: Before it Went Green (SLSF in Oklahoma)
Author: SCKP187

Really nice PQM. I'm thinking with the UP power in there on #1, this is what we now call the TUL-KCK.
Brian Stevens

Date: 09/01/14 19:29
Re: Before it Went Green (SLSF in Oklahoma)
Author: TTownTrains

#2 was a caboose hop going to Catale, OK to pick up a coal train. I have the same shot. :-)

Bill Gillfillan
Tulsa, OK

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0514 seconds