Home Open Account Help 223 users online

Nostalgia & History > 1942 change at Roseville?

Date: 09/02/14 14:25
1942 change at Roseville?
Author: timz

SP Trainline #67 lists dates of double-tracking
projects on Pacific Lines-- it says Elvas to
Roseville and Roseville to Rocklin were done
in 1907-08. Then in 1942 it says "At Roseville".
What did SP do at Roseville in 1942?

Date: 09/03/14 00:52
Re: 1942 change at Roseville?
Author: BCHellman

Sacramento Division number 162 dated May 11, 1941 shows two main tracks through Roseville (listed as No. 1 Track and No. 2 Track). So if the article implies that double track was completed at Roseville in 1942, the article is wrong.

Date: 09/03/14 19:39
Author: EtoinShrdlu

I wonder if it's referring to the Antelop-245 "bypass" along the north side of the yard?

Date: 09/03/14 20:31
Author: BCHellman

EtoinShrdlu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if it's referring to the Antelop-245
> "bypass" along the north side of the yard?

Are you referring to the single-track line from Antelope to the 245 Herder constructed in 1952 when Jennings Yard was constructed? Prior to Jennings Yard, the two main tracks went up the middle of the yard with the westward yard on the north side and the eastward yard on the south side. When Jennings yard was constructed (old) Roseville yard became the departure yard and the main was relocated to the north of Jennings yard, but it reduced two main tracks to one, with double track ending at Antelope. Double track resumed at the Roseville depot. This had the effect of breaking double track that once stretched from Oakland Pier to Hafed, Nevada.

Date: 09/04/14 18:50
Author: EtoinShrdlu

Never heard of "Jennings Yard" before. The name wasn't in use during my days in the area.

>breaking double track that once stretched from Oakland Pier to Hafed, Nevada.

Vista. Hafed is the first siding East of Vista. Being up on a ledge above the Truckee River, AFAIK there never has been room for a second track between the two.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds