Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Nostalgia & History > .

Date: 10/20/14 08:29
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/21 22:54 by F40PHR231.

Date: 10/20/14 09:22
Re: First day of Portland's MAX system
Author: MartyBernard

An excellent post. Thank you.

Marty Bernard

Date: 10/20/14 10:16
Author: Frisco1522

Is it doing a burnout in the first photo?

Date: 10/20/14 15:37
Author: nycman

Chris, I see that your excellent photography ability was handed down to you from your grandfather. Really nice shots.

Date: 10/20/14 19:43
Author: asheldrake

Excellent posting Chris! We are planning to replace the Brooklyn Rail Yard exhibit at the Oregon Rail Heritage Center with The History of Portland's Light Rail (working title) with a soft opening around 8/1/2015 and a grand opening 9/12/2015 in conjunction with the opening of the Orange Line that passes at our front door. May be after you for some images for this exhibit.....Arlen

Date: 10/21/14 00:57
Author: lwilton

F40PHR231 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frisco1522 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is it doing a burnout in the first photo?
>
>
> That'd be awesome!! I'm guessing smoke machines
> (or firework-type smoke bombs) with party poppers.

Lightening the picture up a bit so I could see details, That is far too heavy to be theatrical smoke, and it is lifting too high (and looks too dark) to be CO2. It is also too dense to be any form of display pyro that you would shoot anywhere that close to audience. Heck, *I* wouldn't want to be that close lighting the stuff off!

Assuming that it was not a military smoke grenade, the most likely bet would be tear gas. Since there seem to be a contingent of police in riot gear back behind the LRV on the left, I think that it is most likely some typically for the era form of heavy-handed crowd control by The Authorities.

Date: 10/21/14 02:59
Author: mp51w

A few more from that same weekend! When I saw Marty's great post last week it motivated me to scan my stuff from Portland back in 1986.
It's incredible what that city has accomplished since then!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds