Home Open Account Help 217 users online

Nostalgia & History > Seaboard Coast Line, What are they?

Date: 10/22/14 12:33
Seaboard Coast Line, What are they?
Author: edsaalig

Photos from a negatives in the joint collection of Louis A. Marre & Gordon B. Mott. Later became part of the collection of Richard R. Wallin. No date or location on the photos. Photos/PRS Archive

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/14 12:33 by edsaalig.

Date: 10/22/14 12:40
Re: Seaboard Coast Line, What are they?
Author: ctillnc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAL_2027

4900 made it into SCL black-with-yellow before retirement after Amtrak Day in 1971.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/14 12:42 by ctillnc.

Date: 10/22/14 13:26
Author: DavidP

I believe the 2028 was regular power on the trains 257-258 from Tampa to Venice, FL. These trains carried a through Pullman to New York, connecting to the Silver Meteor.

Dave

Date: 10/22/14 13:51
Author: RailThunder

Picture 1 is at the SAL Venice, Florida passenger station. Station is located on Seaboard Avenue go figure! 2nd is at Tampa Union Station. Looks to be tied onto an E7A unit in which they likely came as a light power move from the Gary Shops after servicing. When the Tampa section arrives they'll be placed on their trains to continue on to Venice (motor car) and E7 likely a local or train to Wildwood. Thanks for sharing. The Tampa Bay area was an incredibly rich railroad environment that sadly waned in the late 60s to what it is today.

Date: 10/23/14 04:14
Author: acltrainman

The SAL then SCL 4900 Doodlebug also ran form Ft Myers, FL to Lakeland, FL for the connection with the Champion. I did have a slide showing it in Lakeland and the Champion there also. The slide has since been sold and I didn't get it scanned before selling. I don't remember the date but it was SCL black & yellow then.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 10/23/14 09:11
Author: FT

Stan,

That sounds like my shot. I can't find a slide, but here is a b&w of the view. Brother Ken and I rode up and back 5-22-69 to get the 4900 in black paint and catch it before it got scrapped.

Keith A

Date: 10/23/14 12:21
Author: acltrainman

Thanks Keith. I had shot the train around the same ti8me and it was the N bound Champion and had like 18 cars on the Champion and 3 units but it wasn't an E-6.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds