Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Nostalgia & History > Milwaukee Road Band and Float and Chrismas Tree

Date: 10/23/14 11:23
Milwaukee Road Band and Float and Chrismas Tree
Author: MartyBernard

This photograph and caption are from the Wisconsin Historical Society's Online Collection.

1. Milwaukee Road Service Club Orchestra performing on stage at American Legion Memorial Hall, 110 East Wilson. Decorations include large bell, Milwaukee Road engine and large sign, "The Milwaukee Road".
Image ID: 22465
Creation Date: 1946-05-18
Creator Name: Stein, George H.
City: Madison

2. Milwaukee Road float for the Wisconsin Centennial Parade, "Wisconsin's First Railroad", with women on the float and eleven workers standing in front of the float.
Image ID: 30984
Creation Date: 1948-05-29
Creator Name: McVicar, Angus B., 1903-1964

3. Large Christmas tree in the waiting room of the Milwaukee Road Railroad Station, 644 West Washington Avenue, with passengers and the sign, "Give War Bonds, the present with a future."
Image ID: 12704
Creation Date: 1945-12-21
Creator Name: Stein, George H., 1913-

Enjoy,
Marty Bernard

Date: 10/23/14 21:56
Re: Milwaukee Road Band and Float and Chrismas Tree
Author: Seventyfive

I'm a fan of the Milwaukee Road, have seen thousands of pictures of it, but never have seen anything as classic as these. The band, float, and holiday decorations are absolutely incredible. The CMStP&P was always a show stopper but these take the prize! Thanks for the fantastic photos.

Rich

Date: 10/24/14 02:23
Author: mp51w

That float is very clever how it has the book open with the diesel and steam engine bookends.

Date: 10/24/14 07:07
Author: LarryDoyle

First time I've ever seen a steam locomotive bell in a band. I'd guess they're not a marching band.

Date: 10/25/14 06:16
Author: lwilton

Its downstage on the front lip if the stage and exactly centered. I suspect that is a permanent decoration on the stage, whether the current act wants it or not.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0449 seconds