Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Nostalgia & History > Rolling stock

Date: 11/24/14 13:16
Rolling stock
Author: RplusLJetService

After the locomotives go by, the cars on the train are what earn revenue.
Top: Evans boxcar at Oroville, Ca. back in 1995.
Bottom: Youngstown and Southern boxcar at Blunt, Ca. back in 1985.

Adam

Date: 11/24/14 14:45
Re: Rolling stock
Author: DNRY122

One of the legendary Wellsville Addison & Galeton boxcars seen in San Luis Obispo CA in Sept. 1967.

Date: 11/24/14 21:56
Author: GN599

Ahhh no graffiti, nice!

Date: 11/25/14 09:12
Author: SPDRGWfan

Awesome! This is the one thing most often missing since the motive power gets lensed 99% of the time and the rolling stock 1% if we are lucky. This is generally true for most video's I've seen, as soon as the freight cars show up I get excited and the scene cuts away quickly - **blood curdling screem** ahhhhhhhh!

I am always greatful of good shots of rolling stock, especially from the 60's 70's and 80's! They are like GOLD!

My favorite of the bunch is the Evans DD box car.

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 11/25/14 19:11
Author: tp117

I agree 100%. For older stuff look for videos by Emery Gulash of Detroit, He rarely did whole trains but often 10-20 car after the units, sometimes a middle shot, and the rear. His stuff around Detroit showed a lot, 60-70s cattle cars and reefers as well as newer auto boxes and auto racks befor enclosed. Most of his passenger trains are whole trains After the 1990s if you are interested go to Bif E Productions where he specializes in whole trains. The producer is a friend of mine, and he still does whole trains. Many of his early 90s stuff on fallen flag RRs show equipment types now gone and most cars with no graffiti!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds