Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP

Date: 11/24/14 15:21
SP
Author: drumwrencher

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/15 12:46 by drumwrencher.

Date: 11/24/14 15:37
Re: SP's Mission Bay Roundhouse
Author: callum_out

You'd be tempted to say the date was wrong because of the diesel, but that was one of the
first batch of NW-2's that dated from like 1941. Neat picture.

Out

Date: 11/24/14 15:47
Author: agentatascadero

It was in 1946 that the SP began using the large "Southern Pacific", as opposed to the smaller "Southern Pacific Lines" on tenders, passenger rolling stock, and the few diesels they owned at the time, so the time frame could be correct. Also, note that the tenders visible do show the large SP lettering, whereas the diesel still has the smaller SP Lines lettering. Great photos, I just can't get enough of them. AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 11/24/14 19:12
Author: korotaj

I probably heard these locomotives making all sorts of wonderful sounds but I sure can't remember. I was two months old and we lived less than a mile away.
My father worked at the car repair shop.

Date: 11/25/14 00:03
Author: TonyJ

Wonderful old photos... exspecially the first one because it's a different angle than most.

Date: 11/25/14 06:32
Author: KeyRouteKen

Regarding the shot of loco 2422 in the second photo... Anyone want to venture where the "whistle" ended up in later years ?

KRK

Date: 11/25/14 09:21
Author: wag216

Notice that the 0-6-0 is the One Two Three Four! the wagibsons' love those 1234 locos. wag216

Date: 11/25/14 11:05
Author: hogheaded

In the right forefront I note a double semaphore signal (I think).

Anyone know what this was about, and who controlled it?

-E.O.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds