Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP 1922 "American Canyon Route" Timetables PDF

Date: 11/25/14 14:21
SP 1922 "American Canyon Route" Timetables PDF
Author: hogheaded

This post is primarily for BoilingMan, who seems to be the only guy who was interested in my previously-announced SP 1915 SoCal local trains timetable PDF, but hey, maybe some of the "silent majority" may be interested.

I've just uploaded a PDF to the Dome of SP's 1922 public timetables featuring "The American Canyon Route", a.k.a. the Overland Route. It, like the other PDF's on the Dome, is of sufficient resolution for decent printing.

It show not only all long-distance trains between Oakland and Ogden, but most connecting local service in CA, NV, UT as well, including SP N.G. and shortlines BP&C, CT&T, LTR&N, V&T, NCG, T&G, NCNG, N-C-O, NC, E&P and NN.

While Employee TT's may be more detailed, I find that public compilations like this one give you a better overall view of how regional passenger service fit together. In this case, it was just a couple of years before SP started to massively give up the ghost on local service in favor of buses.

http://wx4.org/to/foam/sp/maps/sp1922american_canyon_route.pdf

Other PDF's for pre-WWII SP, NdeM, MKT, NP and Rutland TT's (as well a large assortment of maps and timetables JPEG's) here:

http://wx4.org/to/foam/maps/and_timetables.html

Enjoy!

-E.O.
Wx4.org - The Dome O' Foam

Date: 11/25/14 14:52
Re: SP 1922 "American Canyon Route" Timetables PDF
Author: Stevo_Weimario

This is superb, thanks for posting!

Of particular interest to me are those various connections in California and Nevada. Good stuff.

S_W

Date: 11/25/14 14:56
Author: 1200v

A ticket please, from San Francisco to Lakeview. SP Netherlands Route steamer to Walnut Grove, train to Sacramento, lower berth to Sacramento to Wendel and then NCO to Lakeview. Leave SF Monday evening ar Lakeview Wednesday evening. Sound like a fun trip.

Date: 11/25/14 16:56
Author: stash

Most interesting including some of the footnotes about conditional stops; e.g., "hunting season".

Date: 11/25/14 17:06
Author: doesyourdogbite

Great web site with lots of info, thanks for posting!

Date: 11/26/14 14:18
Author: AZSP

Yes, excellent website....lots of good resources. Any SoCal SPINS books thst have yet to be posted?

Date: 11/26/14 20:31
Author: chakk

Very interesting that the "crack" Overland Limited would stop at any station in Nevada if flagged by passengers for Cheyenne and East. Can't maintain track speed if the engineer has to slow for every little town enroute to watch for a waving person on the ground.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds