Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Nostalgia & History > Logging Railroad Mayhem

Date: 11/25/14 19:16
Logging Railroad Mayhem
Author: wabash2800

I remember a true but humorous story in an issue of Railroad magazine told by an young engineer who worked for a logging railroad many, many years ago. Anyway, one day the boss and his wife needed to get to the mainline connection to get on a passenger train. IIRC, realistically, the logging railroad engineer was not allowed enough time to get from point A to point B but the lad tried to be the hero and ran the train at a very unsafe speed. It was a harrowing, rough ride, and believe me, the way the author told the story it kept you on the edge of your seat. You guessed it. The train derailed in a jumbled mess. The young man lost his job. Does anyone else remember that story?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/14 19:17 by wabash2800.

Date: 11/25/14 21:38
Re: Logging Railroad Mayhem
Author: penncentral74

Sounds familiar...

I've got a collection of old Railroad Magazines, are you looking for the story details or the text?

Date: 11/26/14 10:56
Re: Logging Railroad Mayhem
Author: wabash2800

No, just more details. I think it was somewhere in the Pacific Northwest and the name of the logging railroad was rather interesting. I seem to recall there was some kind of photo or illustration with it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds