Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Nostalgia & History > Maroon Monday - Just in time for Christmas

Date: 12/22/14 07:18
Maroon Monday - Just in time for Christmas
Author: Englewood

$2,000,000 is certainly a nice Christmas present for customers who do nothing but complain.
It takes a lot of loaded box cars moving from A to Z to bring 2 million down to the bottom line.
Using that 2 million on service that brings nothing but red to the bottom line is a sure path to
bankruptcy.

Enough from Mr. Scrooge! My Dad went with me to see the brand new car in LaSalle St. Station and
(I believe it was the same trip) took me to lunch in the Track One restaurant. So it was certainly
a great Christmas for me. Thanks Dad and thanks to all those people on the Rock Island who did their
best to make it work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/14 07:20 by Englewood.

Date: 12/22/14 14:38
Re: Maroon Monday - Just in time for Christmas
Author: Bob3985

Nice post,
When I worked there we had three styles of cars. There were the old standard coach cars that ran out of Joliet. Then there were the AC cars which were one level with center auto doors and then the double deck gallery cars advertised here. Also there was the two mainline passenger trains to Peoria and the Quad Cities.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/22/14 14:45
Author: WatchingAlways

I had the privilege of working with Mr. Bonesteel when he was in charge of Amtrak OBS in Chicago. A great passenger railroader!

Date: 12/23/14 03:33
Author: mp51w

That was the last of the new car acquisitions? At least before the RTA was formed. I like the little graphic with the gallery cars under the tree.

Date: 12/23/14 06:08
Author: Englewood

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was the last of the new car acquisitions? At

I am pretty sure these were the last before RTA.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds