Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Nostalgia & History > EL location needed

Date: 01/26/15 06:51
EL location needed
Author: elu34ch

Date: 01/26/15 07:17
Re: EL location needed
Author: cjvrr

Passaic Street in Harrison, NJ. Bridge is over the Passaic River, looking west toward the Newark Broad Street Station.

That is one of the ramps from Route 280 on the right side of the image. And the near concrete wingwall is for the Route 280 lift bridge also over the Passaic River.

CV the civil E in NJ

Date: 01/26/15 08:45
Author: livesteamer

The two car MU is approaching the Harrison station heading east towards Hoboken

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 01/26/15 11:31
Author: Lackawanna484

Might be a Montclair local, which often had just two cars during midday.

Lots of vintage iron parked down below.

Date: 01/26/15 13:03
Author: pal77

Tunkhannock, just kidding agree with above. Unique angle I guess from the Harrison off ramp of 280. Check out the lower level track still in place, cool picture would have been a local down below and MU's up top.

Date: 01/26/15 13:25
Author: Lackawanna484

pal77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tunkhannock, just kidding agree with above.
> Unique angle I guess from the Harrison off ramp of
> 280. Check out the lower level track still in
> place, cool picture would have been a local down
> below and MU's up top.

The highway bridge actually preceded I-280, which ties in with the lower level train operations on the rail bridge.

The already existing Stickel bridge and that awful two mile section of I-280 were hooked into the "new" I-280. That caused the removal of Harrison DL&W station, the tracks to the lower level, and lower level bridges over Harrison Avenue, Cleveland Street, and Passaic Avenue.

The lower level bridge was part of the construction project for the elevation of the DL&W through Harrison and Newark, the blasting of the new cut by Roseville Avenue, and the building of the new station.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds