Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Nostalgia & History > St. John & Ophir Railroad

Date: 01/26/15 07:37
St. John & Ophir Railroad
Author: flynn

The following three pictures are from the website,

http://heritage.utah.gov/history/digital-photos

Picture 1, “Title: St. John & Ophir Railroad P. 1. Photo Number: No. 27807. Digitized by: J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah. Date of photograph: Circa 1922. St. John & Ophir #1 at St. John Station on the Oregon Short Line, c. 1922. George Pitchard--donor.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophir,_Utah

I have a fondness for Ophir, Colorado. My Mother and my Aunt Thelma used to talk of Ophir. Not of its railroad or railroad loop but when they were sophomores in high school and living in Telluride their boyfriends took them on a drive to Ophir.

Date: 01/26/15 07:40
Re: St. John & Ophir Railroad

Picture 2, “Title: Union Pacific Railroad P. 3. Photo Number: No. 00778. Digitized by: J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah. Utah Central Railway after 1881.”

Date: 01/26/15 07:42

Picture 3, Title: Union Pacific Railroad P. 5. Photo Number: No. 00780. Publisher: Digitized by: J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah. Locomotive 117 beneath the Wasatch Range at Ogden, Utah 1869. There was plenty of wide open spaces in Ogden City in the 1869's when trains like the UPRR Utah Division's Old 117 made the run from either coast with merchandise and news from far off places. Trains have changed but the old Wasatch Mountains are as serene today as they were when Old 117 steamed through the valley over a hundred years ago. Gift of Utah Travel Council.”

Date: 01/26/15 07:43

Picture 4, picture 3 enlarged. What is the item on the right of the picture?

Date: 01/26/15 08:16
Author: Frisco1522

Steam dome, sand dome and bell in an ornate frame. L to R.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds