Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Nostalgia & History > Have you driven over this RR line?

Date: 01/27/15 08:32
Have you driven over this RR line?
Author: valmont

A BN ballast train with #5482 and 2230 leading this eastbound out of Sterling, CO on the old Q line that ran east near US 6. If you've ever driven I76 in northeastern Colorado by Sterling you passed over this line just east of Sterling. I have no clue how many times I have driven that route over decades, I think I only saw 2 or 3 trains. This was not one of them, but I bet some of you already know who shot this ... yup, Bruce Black. April 7, 1978.

This is the eastern plains of Colorado: grain elevators, water tanks, not a lot of trees, except along water courses like the South Platte River, and it's tree line in the background ... and the railroad. My nostalgic view: maybe this part of 'Colorful Colorado' was a bit more colorful when Chinese Red roamed this line.

Date: 01/27/15 08:54
Re: Have you driven over this RR line?
Author: EmpireBuilder

Thank You !

Date: 01/27/15 09:07
Author: monaddave

valmont Wrote:
>>bet some of you already know who shot this ... yup, Bruce Black.<<

Bruce always seemed to have a nack for showing up when it was train time. Thanks for the look.
DAF

Date: 01/27/15 18:05
Author: WP-M2051

I'm surprised either engine was loading.

Date: 01/28/15 04:03
Author: NSDTK

Probably making the transision to dynamic. looks like the slack is about to head twards the engines. unless the photo is deceaving on the terrain

Posted from Android

Date: 01/28/15 13:21
Author: callum_out

Line heads uphill in the direction the train is moving.

Out

Date: 01/29/15 14:08
Author: moltensulphur

Is this line extant, or ripped out?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds