Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Nostalgia & History > Long Live the Q!

Date: 03/02/15 17:25
Long Live the Q!
Author: PRose

Nebraska Football Special leaving Omaha, NE for Lincoln.

Go Big Red.... and Silver.

October 1971.

Bob Helling
PRose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/15 17:26 by PRose.

Date: 03/02/15 18:05
Re: Long Live the Q!
Author: SCKP187

Very nice photo Bob. B/W is always a winner.
Brian Stevens

Date: 03/02/15 18:14
Author: twjurgens

I enjoyed seeing these in the 70's. A mixture of power and consists! Thanks for posting.

Date: 03/02/15 18:48
Author: The_Chief_Way

I believe the late Bill Kratville made these trains happen. Most of the equipment came from his AutoLiner Corp.

Date: 03/02/15 20:29
Author: SWChief

That was an amazingly good time for the 'Huskers. 1971 included their 2nd consecutive National Championship, the "Game of the Century" against Oklahoma, and the transition from one great coach to another (Devaney to Osbourne).

At the time I was a Pitt Panther fan (having been born and raised there) and am currently a TOSU Buckeye fan (having a daughter attending there), but I know and appreciate good college football when I see it, no matter who the team.

Greg

PS - Like you ("Go big red, ..and silver) I have similar salute to the red and silver, except it's that other team in the BIG10 - TOSU. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/15 20:33 by SWChief.

Date: 04/01/15 18:48
Author: Krat

Great shot! Yes....dad, Bill Kratville, did own much if not all of the equipment from Auto Liner to run our Husker trains.  Loved riding this train growing up.  So much so that I got married on the Cornhusker Club platform last year at the Durham Museum in Omaha.  Felt like no other place was quite right to get married. 

I'll be putting together more info on these Husker trains as I sort through dad's estate items.  Hope to get an article published or do talks on the train.  Any photos to share would be greatly appreciated gentlemen.

GBR!

Cate Kratville-Wrinn
Brookfield, WI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/15 18:49 by Krat.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds