Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Nostalgia & History > D&RGW Land Cruiser...who owned it ???

Date: 05/03/15 09:45
D&RGW Land Cruiser...who owned it ???
Author: DTrainshooter

Does anyone know who owned the Toyota Land Cruiser that used to be seen in the Denver area back in the 70's ?
It had the D&RGW herald etched in the rear glass window(s) just like in the doors to the Zephyr dining car.
I've wondered about this since way back when and thought maybe somebody in TO land would know...

Date: 05/03/15 09:57
Re: D&RGW Land Cruiser...who owned it ???
Author: dan

dave schumacher, who sadly passed away a few years ago, not sure if the cruiser is at his families fly fishing ranch in WY or not.  He was a lawyer who participated in bringing the Tempo cars to the ski train for Phillip A.  Told a story that Philip A. and another major train operator considered building  a cruise train , denver based, that would have cruised colorado over tenn pass, moffat perhaps the Craig branch

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/denverpost/obituary.aspx?n=david-paul-f-schumacher&pid=90702764

also owned one of the the x penn/central budd 52 parlor obsthat was stored at PFE, then i70/peoria in denver, the george washington

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/15 12:16 by dan.

Date: 05/03/15 10:43
Author: tomcough

I used to see this FJ40 (or one painted like it) parked at Union Station.    It had the CO license plate "Grande" as I recall.

Tom Coughlin
Stow, MA (lived in Colorado 1985-1986)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/15 15:07 by tomcough.

Date: 05/03/15 11:24
Author: DTrainshooter

tomcough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used to see this FJ40 (or one painted like it)
> parked at Union Station.    It had the CO
> liicense plate "Grande" as I recall.
>
> Tom Coughlin
> Stow, MA (rlived in Colorado 1985-1986)

That's the one !  Thanks dan for the answer to my question.

Date: 05/03/15 12:23
Author: dan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds