Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Nostalgia & History > Maroon Monday

Date: 05/04/15 12:25
Maroon Monday
Author: MartyBernard

CRI&P RS3 492 with a morning inbound on the Beverly Branch.  I was at the northwest corner of the branch at about 89th & Paulina on frosty December 31, 1964.  The signals protect the junction with the B&OCT (tracks turning off to the right, the Beverly Branch turns left (south)).  The B&O and C&O passenger trains to and from Grand Central Station came this way.

Enjoy,
Marty Bernard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/15 12:28 by MartyBernard.

Date: 05/04/15 12:27
Re: Maroon Monday
Author: bnsfsd70

Very nice!  
- Jeff Carlson

Date: 05/04/15 13:03
Author: Bob3985

Another great photo by Marty. What more could we ask for? AN alco pulling the old heavyweight coaches inbound toward Chicago on the Beverly branch. I wirked jobs on that line occasionally but I always caught the newer bilevels and would catch the job that went on duty about 12:30pm at Blue Island and finished when we put the train away that night at around 11pm in the Blue Island coach yard. That job was with conductor "Nasty" John Nagelvoort. He was a baker for Rainbow bakeries in the early morning and worked this job the rest of the day.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 05/04/15 14:12
Author: tomstp

How about that crossover in the middle of a road crossing!

Date: 05/04/15 17:00
Author: MartyBernard

Only allowed in Chicago!  How many interlocking plants have a street crossing through them?  Nothing is there anymore but the two Metra (ex-Rock Island) tracks curving through.

Marty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/15 17:04 by MartyBernard.

Date: 05/04/15 17:47
Author: bnsfsd70

While not a crossover, there was a diamond in the middle of the streets over in Griffith, IN.  I'm sure the MOW guys loved that...

- Jeff Carlson

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about that crossover in the middle of a road
> crossing!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds