Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Nostalgia & History > Cheyenne Train show and Depot Days

Date: 05/04/15 16:58
Cheyenne Train show and Depot Days
Author: Bob3985

Next week Friday thru Sunday, May 15-17th, is the 2015 Cheyenne Depot Days and Sherman Hill Model Railroad show along with tours of the UP Steam facility and a trip to the Cheyenne Live Steamers as well. The model train show will have over 30 vendors and several model railroads along with the UP Railroad Locomotive Simulator. The Cheyenne Live Steamers will have their 1903 Cagney Park locomotive fired up and pulling cars to ride. The Depot will be open to visitors with various exhibits. And the trolleys will be running between the venues and the roundhouse. It is $10 for adults and children 12 and under get in free and that covers all the locations and trolley rides. Come out and visit Cheyenne on its railroad weekend.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 05/04/15 23:52
Re: Cheyenne Train show and Depot Days
Author: ProAmtrak

Wish I could make it up there Bob, but even if I did the roundhouse wouldn't be on the list, I'm still not happy on how things are going up there and it's very disappointing since i got really hooked on UP Steam back in 99!

Date: 05/05/15 04:49
Author: Bob3985

ProAmtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wish I could make it up there Bob, but even if I
> did the roundhouse wouldn't be on the list, I'm
> still not happy on how things are going up there
> and it's very disappointing since i got really
> hooked on UP Steam back in 99!

It is too bad you will not be able to make it as there will be steam operating in Wyoming out at the Cheyenne Live Steamers. But I understand your frustration. Maybe another year.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 05/05/15 06:07
Author: ddg

Sounds like fun, I'll be there part of Saturday, and Sunday.

Date: 05/05/15 09:31
Author: meixel

I plan to be there Saturday, and even though the steam shop will be painful to visit I'll get some pictures to document its current state.

Date: 05/09/15 18:08
Author: ddg

I'm changing my trip up a little. I'll leave Friday and spend the night in North Platte. That afternoon, or next morning, I'll look the yard over, then head west for Cheyenne, and spend Sat afternoon & part of Sunday there, then head home.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds