Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Nostalgia & History > What Is It?

Date: 05/21/15 23:35
What Is It?
Author: MartyBernard

I took this photo of an UP Office Building in Denver on September 19, 1991. Beyond that I know nothing about it.  Neat building!

What is/was its function?  Is/was it a Division Headquarters or what?  I don't even know where in the city it is/was.  Sort of looks empty.

Marty Bernard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/15 23:37 by MartyBernard.

Date: 05/22/15 01:26
Re: What Is It?
Author: The_Chief_Way

I remember that as the Freight Station, located a little NE of Union Station. I think its still there.

Date: 05/22/15 03:01
Author: jeff56

Denver Chop House & Brewery
1735 19th St, Denver Co

Date: 05/22/15 07:02
Author: TexasRocket

jeff56 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Denver Chop House & Brewery
> 1735 19th St, Denver Co

Thank goodness someone had the foresight to not knock this down sometime in the 90's/2000's.

Date: 05/22/15 10:10
Author: Waybiller

Yes, now the Denver Chop House and quite good.  Had dinner with a UP Steam Crew person there back in the "good old days" - aka when I could take people out on the company dime and there were functional steam engines on the UP.

Date: 05/22/15 17:45
Author: DubyaM

atsffan Wrote:
> Outstanding meals at the Chop House; but make sure
> you've got lots of room on your credit card limit
> or at least a few Benjies to pay the tab.
>
> The "What is it" could pertain to the car too - is
> that one of those late 1970's Dodge Omni's? I had
> a friend with one - it had the same engine as my
> VW Scirocco.
>
> Richard
I don't think it's  Dodge Omni.  Could it be an American Motors car?  (I owned a 1978 Plymouth Horizon, same thing as an Omni.  This was their first model year; had a VW engine block.)

Date: 05/22/15 21:16
Author: K6XLT

I think it's an AMC Pacer. One ugly car.

cg

Date: 05/22/15 21:46
Author: lwilton

cgarch Wrote:
> I think it's an AMC Pacer.

I think you are right.

> One ugly car.

Especially in a few months when the paint started peeling.

Date: 05/23/15 07:03
Author: acltrainman

Not an AMC Pacer. I go with Chrysler product, maybe Omni.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 05/23/15 16:01
Author: tbraun

The car is a Chrysler Laser, a near twin to the Dodge Daytona. It's one of many K car based models that Chrysler Corp put out in the 1980s. Those saying Omni may be remembering the old Omni 024 - a sportier two door hatchback version of that European platform that was somewhat similar in profile but shared virtually no parts with the Laser/Daytona. The Omni 024 was later renamed to the Dodge Charger and had some fun Shelby models.

Date: 05/26/15 07:28
Author: Gonut1

I raced a Dodge Daytona Turbo (similar to the Laser shown) and then a Dodge Shelby Turbo in the North America Rally Cup back in 1984-1988. Ran the Daytona one season and then Dodge introduced the Turbo in the lighter body. The Daytona was a little too big and heavy so we switched to the lighter car. Once we worked out the bugs the first year of the Shelby it was one kick-butt car! Another advantage of the Shelby was Dodge had been racing the smaller body for several years and developed an extremely good suspension for off road use. I wrote the car off in the Ouchita Mountains nea rLittle Rock, Arkansas and Dodge built me a body in white (actually completly painted and striped) that I picked up at the Belvidere IL assembly plant. Right back into competition at the next race in Circleville OH. Those were some fun times.
Go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0489 seconds