Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Nostalgia & History > Maroon Monday

Date: 05/25/15 08:36
Maroon Monday
Author: dt8089

Rock Island transfer at the EJ&E yard in Joliet IL in June of 74.
Eastbound pig train about to go over Cass St. (US Rte 30) at Joliet Yard in June of 73.
The winter of 78-79 was a bad one for the Rock.  Here is a westbound at Joliet with recently
outshopped Conrail Geep from Silvis making a return trip to Silvis in February of 79.  Dan Tracy

Date: 05/25/15 08:46
Re: Maroon Monday
Author: dt8089

Another Eastbound at New Lenox IL in February of 79.  Note the blue doors on the lead unit.
Eastbound at Joliet IL in February of 73.  The commuter equipment layed overnight and on
weekends on the two left tracks.
The 10 C-415's were assigned to the Chicago Terminal Division and rarely ventured further than that.
Here is 419 on a transfer move to the B&OCT's Barr Yard on the B&OCT about to go under the Rock
at Blue Island IL in April of 77.  Take care everyone and have a safe holiday.  Dan Tracy

Date: 05/25/15 15:19
Author: 3rdswitch

Great bunch, really like the packed EJE yard at East Joliet.
JB

Date: 05/26/15 07:59
Author: Englewood

Very nice.  Thank you for posting

Date: 05/26/15 10:56
Author: onequiknova

Very interesting perspective of Joliet. Nice!

Date: 05/26/15 20:20
Author: bnsfsd70

All of them are great, but I especially like the New Lenox shot.  That's my dad's hometown, and I'm (slowly) working on a layout based on that very scene in N scale.

- Jeff Carlson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds