Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Nostalgia & History > ? on switch stands

Date: 05/25/15 18:06
? on switch stands
Author: upkpfan

I'm trying to figure out what RR these switch stands belong to

# 1&2  I think is a Frisco stand. Is this correct on just the stand that is standing up.

Date: 05/25/15 18:09
Re: ? on switch stands
Author: callum_out

Seen Santa Fe stands which were very similar.

Out

Date: 05/25/15 18:11

#3&4& 5  Is Santa Fe stand. Only one I had marked on the back side of target. upkpfan

Date: 05/25/15 18:14

#6 & 7 & 8 Is UP stand. I remember this as the UP because it was bent at the top. Thank you for any info. upkpfan

Date: 05/25/15 19:08
Author: SCKP187

Don't know if I have ever seen the type in 1-5----but I have one in my back yard exactly like #6 & #7 and it came from the Frisco in Pittsburg KS.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/25/15 20:03
Author: ssw

6, 7, 8 are manufactured by Elliott Frog and Switch. My grandfather has an SSW one from Gatesville in service in his driveway :) 

They'll also give you and the two people who help you move it a hernia.

Date: 05/25/15 20:18
Author: EtoinShrdlu

#3 & #4 are Pettibone-Mulliken high Star stands, for use with one headblock. #1 & #2 are dual the headblock variety (SP and WP used these with spring switches).

Date: 05/25/15 21:06
Author: Evan_Werkema

EtoinShrdlu Wrote:

>  #1 & #2 are dual the
> headblock variety (SP and WP used these with
> spring switches).

Santa Fe likewise used double headblock high Star stands extensively.  The standard plans said the double headblock type was to replace the single headblock type in main line installations, and Santa Fe used them even for situations that didn't require a spring switch.  By the early 90's, I saw an awful lot more single headblock Star stands on SP than on Santa Fe.

Date: 05/26/15 16:43
Author: dr1283000

upkpfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> #3&4& 5  Is Santa Fe stand. Only one I had marked
> on the back side of target. upkpfan.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I have the exact same model that came from the Erie RR as a mailbox stand. It came from Kenton Ohio. Ken                                                                                                                                                                               

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/15 16:44 by dr1283000.

Date: 05/26/15 21:08
Author: MRS11813

#1 Tidewater Southern, Modesto, Ca

#2 Southern Pacific. Lamp from ebay. 

#3 ATSF Riverbank, Ca. The whole yard lead had these. You could run through them but stay clear of the handle when it flopped over. Original lamp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/15 21:10 by ATSFlocal73-74.

Date: 05/26/15 21:14
Author: MRS11813

Two low ground throws from scrape pile with lamps from ebay. 

The group. A little paint and a lamp brings them to life. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0571 seconds