Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Nostalgia & History > 12th street

Date: 05/26/15 19:29
12th street
Author: Santafes95

One of my favorite haunts was to shoot off the 12th street bridge in KCK. Trains can really pile up trying to get into Argentine yard. The first train is departing Argentine on the slow track and must wait for the north main to clear to get on the KC Terminal to head east. The next shot shows the inbound train crossing over to get into the yard. A Goodyear blimp was a nice bonus too!. The congestion is the same but most of the scene is completely changed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/15 19:39 by Santafes95.

Date: 05/26/15 20:06
Re: 12th street
Author: bnsfsd70

Great stuff!  I love the blimp up there as well.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 05/26/15 23:13
Re: 12th street
Author: nsmith8853

Hah! Just shot my first NS SD60E from this bridge on Monday! How interesting to see that the track with the (KPLX?) coal train on it, known as "5-rail" went all the way through the crossovers. Now, to goes from 5 tracks to 4 through these crossovers under the bridge and then right back to 5 tracks on the other side. The tail end of that coal train is sitting where there are now switch machines and track heaters. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, 

Nick Smith
Kansas City, MO 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds