Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Nostalgia & History > 2001 Daly City UP Customer Off Bayshore Lead?

Date: 05/26/15 20:21
2001 Daly City UP Customer Off Bayshore Lead?
Author: atsf19455

FJC has a photo of the South City Switcher picking up a boxcar from Daly City on I believe Geneva Ave. What was this customer and when did stop receiving service? Was the lead across Geneva torn out when the MUNI was extended down to Geneva. 

The photo was from  2001 and is in this thread: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,189368,189368#msg-189368

Date: 05/27/15 07:14
Re: 2001 Daly City UP Customer Off Bayshore Lead?
Author: TonyJ

Was that the spur that ran next to S.E. Rykoff (sp?) and headed towards the Cow Palace? I always thought it ended at a PG&E transformer lot. Don't remember any other customers.

Date: 05/27/15 13:18
Author: atsf19455

I believe there was indeed a spur that came out of Bayshore yard, crossed bayshore blvd, and headed down Geneva Ave in direction of Cow Palace. Was the company you describe that food distributor? I remember seeing their trucks back in the 80's and 90's delivering to our school cafeteria.

Date: 05/28/15 14:49
Author: TonyJ

atsf19455 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe there was indeed a spur that came out of
> Bayshore yard, crossed bayshore blvd, and headed
> down Geneva Ave in direction of Cow Palace. Was
> the company you describe that food distributor? I
> remember seeing their trucks back in the 80's and
> 90's delivering to our school cafeteria.

That's the company. They delivered to restaurants, schools, cafeterias, etc. A sign on the front of their building facing Bayshore Blvd said something like, "Eat out more often."

Date: 05/28/15 15:09
Author: WAF

atsf19455 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe there was indeed a spur that came out of
> Bayshore yard, crossed bayshore blvd, and headed
> down Geneva Ave in direction of Cow Palace. Was
> the company you describe that food distributor? I
> remember seeing their trucks back in the 80's and
> 90's delivering to our school cafeteria.

I remember the spur crossing Bayshore ,but not continuing onto Geneva Ave to the cow palace

Date: 05/29/15 02:56
Author: loopy7764

As far as I know, the trackage to Cow Palace is not related to the 1500 lead across Bayshore. Here's http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=195775 I've seen online. I too want to know who the last shippers where, and what was delivered. The crossing and signals were removed around 2013. You can still see them on Bing's birds' eye view, but not on the more recent Google 45° imagery. What's really unfortunate is that the See's candy corporate/warehouse, which has 10+ spots, was sold to International Paper shortly after.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds