Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Nostalgia & History > KO&G connection

Date: 05/27/15 07:26
KO&G connection
Author: tomstp

This picture may look familiar to some of you. In the early 1950's Lynn Wescott of Model Railroader and a friend of mine were visiting Texas & Pacific's Lancaster Yard in Ft Worth Tx.  Both of them snapped this same scene.  The picture shown is from my friend.  Lynn's was published in Trains Magazine several years ago.

The two F-7's are coming off the west main headed for the receiving yard and are very close to the hump.  GP-7   # 1113 is almost dead even with the hump out of sight to the right.  The F's are in charge of the "KO&G Connection" sometimes known on the MP as train # 175 nick-named "old six bits".  It originated in Kansas City on the MP and was given to the KO&G in Oklahoma and the T&P in Denison, Tx.

Note that a water plug still remains in the yard but, steam is essentially dead.

Date: 05/27/15 09:26
Re: KO&G connection
Author: SCKP187

Nice shot and historical about the trains movements.  Look at the clean, proud power and all the cars without grafitti.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/27/15 13:57
Author: UP951West

Always enjoyed this scene. Thanks for posting it. --Kelly

Date: 05/28/15 17:46
Author: Atlpete

I love this photo, the companies, scenary, area has changed so much since then.
Thanks

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds