Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP SD70M's

Date: 07/02/15 13:26
SP SD70M's
Author: MtVernon_Tower

They were a common sight on the Shasta Route. Here are two eastbound at Cottonwood, Ca. back in July of 1994.

Adam

Date: 07/02/15 14:00
Re: SP SD70M's
Author: TCnR

Nice clean shot with good light.
That's the old hiway 99 bridge in the foreground, replaced a few years ago. The I-5 bridges would be overhead somewhere as well, the RR going under all three and then heading into downtown Cottonwood.

Date: 07/02/15 16:37
Author: locogimp

Great image Adam; the first I've seen from the location...

Jan Austin
Chico, CA
J.G. Austin Photography

Date: 07/02/15 16:40
Author: TCnR

Great location, I think PhotoBob has a shot from the same location, but a quite a bit earlier. Possibly SD9's, not real sure. Looking through that collection causes sensory overload pretty quick.
That guy got around.

+checked on the PB photos, a set of SD40's and also the AFT return trip on the same day on the wood trestle.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/15 07:21 by TCnR.

Date: 07/02/15 17:24
Author: TexasRocket

Definitely the best scheme for the SD70M. Very handsome!

Date: 07/02/15 18:26
Author: SCKP187

Nice. This would have been an excellent company photo as the units really were nice when clean and fresh looking. Location is great.
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/02/15 20:09
Author: MtVernon_Tower

SCKP187 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice. This would have been an excellent company
> photo as the units really were nice when clean and
> fresh looking. Location is great.
> Brian Stevens

Thanks for all of the comments. Looking back, I wish I would have spent more time on the SP instead of chasing trains (and other things) in the Feather River Canyon.

Adam 

Date: 07/03/15 11:20
Author: coach

They look like a RR locomotive in this paint.  Garish yellow paint with psuedo-patriotic flags allowed to be soiled by exhaust as seen on other units?  Not good at all.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.043 seconds