Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Nostalgia & History > R/W/B ... nobody does it better than the AFT

Date: 07/04/15 21:05
R/W/B ... nobody does it better than the AFT
Author: burlingtonjohn

AFT #1 on the point of the American Freedom Train, Port Morris New Jersey, August 1976. Photographer unknown, my collection.

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 07/05/15 02:57
Re: R/W/B ... nobody does it better than the AFT
Author: ClubCar

burlingtonjohn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AFT #1 on the point of the American Freedom Train,
> Port Morris New Jersey, August 1976. Photographer
> unknown, my collection.
>
> Regards,
> Burlington John

That is a good looking locomotive for sure despite what some others may think.  The Reading T-1's were great engines and served the Reading so well.  You all should see this same locomotive today, Reading 2101 now collecting rust at the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore, Maryland.  This engine should have been preserved the way the other American Freedom engines have been instead of being allowed to sit in the front yard of the B&O R.R. Museum looking forlorn as it does, unattractive rusting away.  As I have stated on here before, the present management at the B&O Railroad Museum don't care about history, they will NOT allow folks to donate money for these kinds of projects, therefore so many historic pieces of equipment is allowed to rust away.  Shame on them.
Thanks for sharing your photo for all of us to enjoy.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/15 03:03 by ClubCar.

Date: 07/05/15 12:00
Re: R/W/B ... nobody does it better than the AFT
Author: ALCO630

Boy, the few times I was at the museum, I had no idea they were so evil.

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds