Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Nostalgia & History > FA Friday: GN #276B & #276A

Date: 08/28/15 02:23
FA Friday: GN #276B & #276A
Author: Rainier_Rails

Another slide I've purchased on eBay, of Great Northern FA1's #276B and #276A at Vancouver, BC, in June 1965.  According to the GNRHS-NPRHA Archives website, these engines were formerly assigned to the Kettle Falls Branch.  The slide I purchased was a Kodak-processed Ektachrome duplicate made by Richard R. Wallin, and duplicates of this slide were also made and sold by Blackhawk Films, specifically as part of "Those Famous Alco Diesels---PA's FA's and DL-108's---Western and Canadian Roads" collection; another duplicate of this slide made by Blackhawk was also for sale on eBay.  That sale listed the location as Vancouver, Washington, but on RR Picture Archives, "K Burd" noted that: "this is Vancouver, BC, Canada - not Vancouver WA - you can tell by the large 'W' sign in the background which was a landmark on top of the Woodwards Department store."  Neither sale, nor the slide mount, list the original photographer.

Date: 08/28/15 18:31
Re: FA Friday: GN #276B & #276A
Author: Atlpete

What a GREAT photo, is it me or did the FA's really congregate on the Vancouver line? I have a nifty shot in the web archive of a pair on the International, albeit in the more complete version origional scheme, love the busy details with the nose ladders etc. 
Thanks for posting !
Pete

Date: 08/29/15 20:59
Re: FA Friday: GN #276B & #276A
Author: Rainier_Rails

A duplicate of a second slide of these engines, taken on the same day/location, but with a slightly different angle and without the flatcar or gondolas visible, is currently for sale on eBay.  The seller lists the date as June 25, 1965.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds